Sunday, August 23, 2009

9/11 responder praises "Vito After"

I'm very honored and grateful for this email from a 9/11 responder. Sadly, he is among the thousands suffering from lung disease.

"I first want to thank you for taking the time to immediately send the DVD out to me. It just goes to show what a special person you are. My wife and I sat down to watch, I was a bit reluctant to watch with her, being I have shut out as much memories of those two years of my life as possible. The film was excellent! It captured every real aspect of what we truly went through, it was kind of like watching my life story. I will admit I broke down a few times during the film, it brought back a lot of memories--the brotherhood of how everyone became so close as we worked so many hours each day, day after day in hope of finding someone, sleeping at St. Paul's church, passing the growing number of posters of the missing put up by their loved ones was heart breaking, but gave us the energy to go on, the land fill, the boiling ground below us, the question of the masks was so right on. The [stages] of WTC medical monitoring--I laughed at this point [filling out the intake survey] when you asked: will all cops answer this way?....most of us lied!!!! and checked off a lot of "not at all" -- that's how cops are, we had to uphold the tough guy image. You did a wonderful job. I will show this to family and friends, who will appreciate it as much as I did. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to show people what we went through, and for sending me this film. God bless you and your family. I wish Vito the best of health always....just one of "The Greatest Detectives in The World".